Observation International is a non-profit foundation under Dutch law.
The foundation is managed by a Board of Directors (hereinafter “the Board”), composed of Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and other members. Board members do not receive any salary, and meetings usually take place online, via videoconferencing.
The Board currently consists of:
- Reinier Akkermans (chair)
- Henk Schmitz (secretary)
- (vacancy: treasurer)
- Olaf Bánki (member)
The Board is advised by the Global Team. The Global Team consists of representatives of partner organizations. Global team members do not receive any salary, and meetings usually take place online, via videoconferencing.
The Global team consists of:
- David Tempelman (NL, private individual)
- Hans Verdaat (NL, private individual)
- Jan Ole Kriegs (DE, LWL-Museum für Naturkunde)
- Jean-Yves Paquet (BE, Natagora)
- Julio Rabadán González (ES, private individual)
- Marc Herremans (BE, Natuurpunt)
- Peter Kaufmann (AT, Haus der Natur)
- Szabolcs Nagy (HU, private individual)
- Ulrich Haese (DE, private individual)
The Board appoints a Managing Director, who is responsible for the management of daily operations.
The current managing director is Dylan Verheul.
The non-profit status under Dutch law is granted by designation as a Public Benefit Organization (Dutch: ANBI) by the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration.
- Articles of Association (PDF, English)
- Confirmation of non-profit status (PDF, Dutch)
- Policy Plan (PDF, English)
Yearly reports are available in the Reports section.
The formal name of the foundation is Stichting Observation International. “Stichting” is Dutch for “foundation”. The foundation usually operates under the business name Observation International.